When browsing through multiple posts, getting an error message that says, “Sorry this page isn’t available” on Instagram is one of the worst things. You might get errors like this because the link you followed no longer exists or when you visit someone’s profile or post. Many users have faced this issue, and you have too, which is why you are here trying to find a fix for the error message.
But first, why would you get an error message like this? There are multiple reasons why you get sorry this content isn’t available right now error. The number one reason is that the post or video you are trying to see is no longer available, i.e., it’s been deleted by the original poster. Or, maybe you’ve been blocked by them.
If something like that happens, you will face the page isn’t available error on Instagram, and you won’t be able to see the content you are trying to see. So, is there any fix? Can we get rid of this error message and see the page without any issues? Let’s find out!
Why Do I Get Sorry This Page Isn’t Available on Instagram Error?
As I mentioned, there are several reasons why you might be getting this error message while you are trying to see a particular post.
Here are a couple of common reasons why you are getting the error:
- The link you are trying to open is not valid. If you are getting the error message on your phone, try to access the same post on your computer and see if you are getting the same message.
- The person whose content you are trying to see may have blocked you. When someone blocks you on Instagram, you won’t be able to see any of their posts. You won’t even be able to access their profile, and you won’t be able to search for their profiles or find their names in any of your mutual friends’ lists.
- Sometimes, a person posting a photo or video might violate Instagram’s guidelines, so Instagram deletes the post. If you are trying to access one such post, you will get the sorry this content isn’t available right now on Instagram error. And it’s not just Instagram that can delete the post, the original poster might delete the post before anyone can see it, and if you try to see that post through a link, you will get the error message.
- Another common reason behind the error might be that Instagram has banned the user who posted the content. If an account is banned, inactive, or deleted, all the images, videos, or reels the user posted will also be removed. And so, when you try to see their posts, you won’t be able to do so.
- If you are getting the sorry this page isn’t available on Instagram error; another reason might be that the account’s username has been changed. Instagram allows its users to change their username, and if you follow a link associated with the old username, you won’t be able to access their content. As such, you will see the content isn’t available error message.
- You would also get the error when the user disables their profile. Maybe they have been spending a lot of time on Instagram and want to change their habit. In that case, they might end up deactivating their profile or disabling their page for the time being. If you are trying to access posts from a page that’s been disabled, you will see the error message popping up on your screen.
- And finally, you might be getting the error message because Instagram is down. If that’s the case, you don’t need to do anything and wait until Instagram comes back online because that will fix the issue once and for all.
How to Fix Sorry This Page Isn’t Available on Instagram Error?
Now that we have mentioned all the reasons why you would get the content isn’t available on Instagram error, it’s time to see how to fix it.
Search For The User’s Name On Instagram
The most common reason why you get such an error is that you’re either blocked by the user or because the user changed their username.
So, you first need to open the Instagram app, go to the Explore page and search for their name. If they have simply changed the username, you will see their account with the new username. You can then access their profile and see the content you’ve been meaning to see.
If no profile appears in the search results, the user has likely blocked you. Or the user has deactivated their profile or been banned by Instagram.
If you are unsure whether you are blocked or not, you can always check if someone has blocked you on Instagram, just to be sure!
The Post Has Been Deleted
This is a pretty common reason behind the error. If someone has sent you a link to their new post, and you are clicking on that link after quite a long time, then it’s likely that the original poster has deleted the post.
It’s also highly likely that the post violated Instagram’s guidelines, so Instagram took action and automatically removed the post.
If that is the case, the link you are using is no longer valid because the post no longer exists. And so, you see the content isn’t available error on Instagram.
Sign Out of Instagram & Visit the Link Again
If you are using the Instagram app on your phone and have the link to the post you are trying to see, then go to the browser on your smartphone (Google Chrome or Firefox, or any other browser that you use) and try accessing the link through that.
If you are logged in on Instagram, sign out first before visiting the link on your web browser.
If the user’s account isn’t private and they have not blocked you, you will be able to see the post. If you are still getting sorry this content isn’t available right now error message; then the post must have been deleted.
Check If The Owner Has Deactivated/Deleted Their Account
If the person whose post you are trying to see is your close friend, try asking them if they have disabled their Instagram account. If their answer is affirmative, you know why you are getting the error message.
When the person who originally posted the image, video, or reel deactivates or deletes their account, all their posts are also removed, which means you won’t be able to see them even if you’ve saved them on your profile.
Check If Instagram is Down
Suppose you are using the application and everything was fine until you start getting the sorry this page isn’t available on Instagram error. In that case, it’s likely that Instagram just went offline.
You can check through multiple websites if Instagram is having a global outage and if it is indeed down or not. If you see that Instagram is down all over the world, then there’s nothing to worry about. All you need to do is wait for a couple of minutes until the Instagram servers are back online.
Once that happens, you can log in to your account and browse through the articles without any issues. And you will no longer get the content isn’t available message either.
That brings us to the end of the article. After reading through the entire article, you must have noticed that there isn’t necessarily any fix to the issue. If you are facing an error message, the post is likely deleted, you are blocked, or the original poster is no longer active on Instagram.
There’s no point in looking for a solution because you won’t find any. That said, I am sure you now know why you might be getting the sorry this page isn’t available on Instagram error. So, when you next get such an error, you will understand why!
Also Read: How to See Posts You’ve Liked on Instagram?